10 Force Support Battalion (10FSB) is a diverse Australian Army Logistics Battalion that provides Combat Service Support of designated deployed ADF capabilities. Located at Ross Island Barracks and Lavarack Barracks, 10FSB provides specialist transport, mechanical handling equipment, watercraft including amphibious craft and supplies food, fuel and ammunition.
10 FSB roles include watercraft operators, ammunition and electrical technicians, mechanics, drivers, cooks, petroleum operators, crane and industrial forklift operators.
As part of this work experience placement, students may rotate through the following sub-units to gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities and the many career opportunities available at 10FSB:
• 35 Water Transport Squadron: Amphibious operations, inland waterway operations and independent watercraft operations.
• 10 Logistic Support Company: Includes mechanical and electrical trades, transport support, postal services as well as Quartermaster support (clothing and equipment).
• 1 Catering Company: Capable of operating in barracks and can deploy a field kitchen. Provides meals to the entire Army whilst deployed to support domestic and international operations.
• 2 Combat Supply Company: Provides supply and support including food, fuel and technical ammunition expertise and the use of remotely operated bomb detecting robots.
• 30 Terminal Squadron: Supports ADF for the loading and unloading of all transport modes (sea, road, rail and air) and the receipt, transit storage, manifesting and forwarding of cargo.
Note: Students may move between Ross Island Barracks and Lavarack Barracks whilst on placement.
For more information or to apply click here. Applications close Sunday 1st August 2021
The Australian Defence Force offers a number of Gap Year opportunities in the Navy, Army and Air Force. The number of Gap Year roles and eligibility requirements can sometimes be confusing! Our Careers Promotion Team will be holding a virtual information session open to Career Advisors and School Staff across Australia to provide you with all the information you will need to equip and support your students wanting to experience a Gap Year with the Australian Defence Force.
The Information Session is on Wednesday 28th July from 4:00pm to 6:00pm and will cover:
· The Gap Year Application Process
· Education Requirements and Entry Options
· A chance to chat to current serving ADF Members and ask them any questions
· The Gap Year roles available
To register for this information session via the link click here.